Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/08/03 21:25:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Excalibur

Excalibur has gone through the tests now without trouble, and have been upgraded
to using JUnit.  Although there are some nice reworkings of some of the tests
to make them more comprehensive, That shouldn't delay a release.

I will enter in a few more comments in the Changes.xml file, but other than that
we should be ok.

Re: [VOTE] Release Excalibur, and @since tags

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:25:23PM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > Excalibur has gone through the tests now without trouble, and have been upgraded
> > to using JUnit.  Although there are some nice reworkings of some of the tests
> > to make them more comprehensive, That shouldn't delay a release.
> >
> > I will enter in a few more comments in the Changes.xml file, but other than that
> > we should be ok.
>
> +0, changeable to +1 at the slightest hint of peer pressure ;) I'd like
> to play with javadocs some more. But that's a neverending thing..

This is another Beta release.

> An issue: would it be a good idea to go through all the classes and add
> "@since 4.0" tags? I find such version indications really useful in
> long-lived APIs, as one would hope Excalibur becomes. Now is the ideal
> time for such an addition, on the brink of a first non-beta release. I
> volunteer to make such changes, if deemed desirable.

+1

Re: [VOTE] Release Excalibur, and @since tags

Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:25:23PM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > Excalibur has gone through the tests now without trouble, and have been upgraded
> > to using JUnit.  Although there are some nice reworkings of some of the tests
> > to make them more comprehensive, That shouldn't delay a release.
> >
> > I will enter in a few more comments in the Changes.xml file, but other than that
> > we should be ok.
>
> +0, changeable to +1 at the slightest hint of peer pressure ;) I'd like
> to play with javadocs some more. But that's a neverending thing..
>
> An issue: would it be a good idea to go through all the classes and add
> "@since 4.0" tags? I find such version indications really useful in
> long-lived APIs, as one would hope Excalibur becomes. Now is the ideal
> time for such an addition, on the brink of a first non-beta release. I
> volunteer to make such changes, if deemed desirable.

+1 good idea

Re: [VOTE] Release Excalibur, and @since tags

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:25:23PM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Excalibur has gone through the tests now without trouble, and have been upgraded
> to using JUnit.  Although there are some nice reworkings of some of the tests
> to make them more comprehensive, That shouldn't delay a release.
>
> I will enter in a few more comments in the Changes.xml file, but other than that
> we should be ok.

+0, changeable to +1 at the slightest hint of peer pressure ;) I'd like
to play with javadocs some more. But that's a neverending thing..

An issue: would it be a good idea to go through all the classes and add
"@since 4.0" tags? I find such version indications really useful in
long-lived APIs, as one would hope Excalibur becomes. Now is the ideal
time for such an addition, on the brink of a first non-beta release. I
volunteer to make such changes, if deemed desirable.

--Jeff