Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andrei Ivanov <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/04 19:52:02 UTC

struts 2 + java 1.4 + maven

Hello,
I'm forced to use java 1.4 and I was very happy to see there are jars
that work with it.
The thing is I also want to use maven for managing dependencies and I
don't know how to specify in my
pom that it has to use the translated jars...
Can anybody tell me how? Thank you.

Re: struts 2 + java 1.4 + maven

Posted by Andrei Ivanov <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Antonio <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/11/4 Andrei Ivanov <an...@gmail.com>:
>> I'm forced to use java 1.4 and I was very happy to see there are jars
>> that work with it.
>> The thing is I also want to use maven for managing dependencies and I
>> don't know how to specify in my
>> pom that it has to use the translated jars...
>
> It depends of what you are trying to use.
> For example, with Tiles the translated versions are with the "j4"
> classifier. So you specify the dependency this way:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.tiles</groupId>
>      <artifactId>tiles-core</artifactId>
>      <version>${pom.version}</version>
>      <classifier>j4</classifier>
>    </dependency>
>
> But it is dependent on the fact that Tiles publishes retrotranslated
> version of its packages with the "j4" classifier!
> Moreover, it could be possible that the software you are trying to
> depend on might not have published a retrotranslated version of the
> package.
>
> HTH
> Antonio

The classifier part escaped me when reading the maven documentation.
Thank you very much!
I do have a maven repository and I can deploy all the necessary packages there.

Re: struts 2 + java 1.4 + maven

Posted by Antonio <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/11/6 Antonio <an...@gmail.com>:
> 2008/11/4 Andrei Ivanov <an...@gmail.com>:
>> I'm forced to use java 1.4 and I was very happy to see there are jars
>> that work with it.
>> The thing is I also want to use maven for managing dependencies and I
>> don't know how to specify in my
>> pom that it has to use the translated jars...
>
> It depends of what you are trying to use.

Whoops sorry, you are trying to use Struts 2, so the retrotranslated
package is not available.
You have to use the retrotranslator plugin by yourself:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/retrotranslator-maven-plugin/translate-mojo.html

Antonio

Re: struts 2 + java 1.4 + maven

Posted by Antonio <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: struts 2 + java 1.4 + maven

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
I couldn't find the backport-jars in any official repository, but you
can install the backport files (semi)manually by using the 'mvn
install:install-file' command.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/index.html

Nils-H

struts 2 + java 1.4 + maven