Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "F. Da Costa" <da...@xs4all.nl> on 2004/01/15 13:42:02 UTC

Dynamic incremental loading & Forms

Hi,

I'm working on a tree-table structure that can grow pretty large (in theory
at least) so I was looking for a way to load the different branches/
segments dynamically rather than 'all at once' & maintain state on the
client (quite significant with many users and big structires)

All of the above has been taken care of (don't ask how, still dreaming
about it :)).

Now, there are two things still bugging me and they cencern forms:
1. Simple, how do I re-incorporate the Form.java file after I stripped out
all the line-breaks? Is it just a matter of including a copy in the project
or ...?

2. The structure contains an unknown number of tbodies that all contain a
form because there are <input>s scattered throughout the structure (read
tbodies). Every tbody is independent and is dynamically loaded (its
contents) on request (DirectLink). This implies that there will be an
unknown number of forms introduced which are essentially rendered *without*
knowledge of the other forms, meaning there could be x $checkbox01s'.
Sending a form to the server only containing the proper fields is doable
(just reconstruct the from-elements and presto!). *But* once processing
starts will I still be processing the proper elements or will there be a
severed relationship between the client and the server due to the
independent (dynamic) nature of the rendering?

I hope this is clearish. If not please let me know and I'll try to be more
detailed.

TIA
Fermin DCG

btw. Howard, there are no debug \n's floating around (but you probably
already knew ;))

Re: Dynamic incremental loading & Forms (1q left)

Posted by "F. Da Costa" <da...@xs4all.nl>.
F. Da Costa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a tree-table structure that can grow pretty large (in
> theory at least) so I was looking for a way to load the different
> branches/ segments dynamically rather than 'all at once' & maintain
> state on the client (quite significant with many users and big structires)
>
> All of the above has been taken care of (don't ask how, still dreaming
> about it :)).
>
> Now, there are two things still bugging me and they cencern forms:
> 1. Simple, how do I re-incorporate the Form.java file after I stripped
> out all the line-breaks? Is it just a matter of including a copy in the
> project or ...?

This has been resolved (indeed just copy & modify)