Posted to user@oodt.apache.org by Bill Rideout <br...@haystack.mit.edu> on 2013/06/21 20:10:57 UTC

CAS Curation example issues

I am following the instructions for CAS Curator at http://oodt.apache.org/components/maven/curator/user/basic.html.  I succeeded in making the example work up through the final section "
File Manager Configuration" after making the following adjustments to the instructions:

For file config.properties, removed linefeed after = which you get if you copy from the web page.

However, after going through the File Manager Configuration, the web application looks like the attached image.  Trying to find an error  message is more challenging - nothing seemed significant in the numbers log files under Tomcat or cas-workflow.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Bill Rideout

Re: CAS Curation example issues

Posted by Bill Rideout <br...@haystack.mit.edu>.
Wow - I think that sets a record for releasing a patch!  The problem with the last section was simply that I was clicking on the left hand pane trying to get the ingest interface to show up:

> From the above image, you can see that the CAS-Filemgr configuration has been picked up by CAS-Curator. If you double-click on MP3 in the left filemgr main pane, you will see the product types that are contained in the mp3 policy: GenericFile which was part of the default configuration, and MP3 which we added. Clicking on MP3, we bring up the ingest interface in the right filemgr main pane.

I did realize just now that I'm supposed to click on MP3 in the right hand pane.  Probably just my mistake, but the last line could be "Clicking on MP3  in the right filemgr main pane, we bring up the ingest interface."

Thanks for the help!  -Bill

Posted by Bill Rideout <br...@haystack.mit.edu>.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bill,

--
*Lewis*

Re: CAS Curation example issues

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bill,

--
*Lewis*

Re: CAS Curation example issues

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hey Bill,

Looking at your attached image which I can see now I see you have 3
policies
(that's probably correct - in the latest version of OODT I just committed
into trunk there will likely be 4 [core, geo, trace, mp3]).

Those are the "product type collections" or "policies". If you double click
on one of those folders on the right you will see a list of "product
types".
By single clicking on one of the types, you will then see a set of product
type metadata and be able to drag and drop files from the left hand side
onto
the file dialog for ingestion.

See these videos for tutorials on using the Curator -- I made these for
the EDRN project and I'm sorry that the resolution isn't great but
hopefully
combined with the Curator guide it will explain how to interact with the
system:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Screencasts

Cheers,
Chris