Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Maria Jackson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/06 14:36:11 UTC

Namespaces for .nq files

Just like .n3 format allows for namespaces of the following form:

    @base <http://example.org/alice/foaf.rdf#>

Is it also possible to write namespaces in .nq format such that jena
accepts them. I mean is the following format valid for  jena (in .nq
format).

    @base <http://example.org/alice/foaf.rdf#>

Re: Namespaces for .nq files

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 06/11/13 13:44, Joshua TAYLOR wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 8:36 AM, Maria Jackson
> <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just like .n3 format allows for namespaces of the following form:

Base URI resolution.  Not quite the same as prefixes.

>>      @base <http://example.org/alice/foaf.rdf#>
>>
>> Is it also possible to write namespaces in .nq format such that jena
>> accepts them. I mean is the following format valid for  jena (in .nq
>> format).
>>
>>      @base <http://example.org/alice/foaf.rdf#>
>

> Notation3 (N3) is a human readable and writable format with lots of
> syntactic sugar to make RDF authoring easy.
>
> N-Quads [1] is "a line-based syntax for an RDF datasets", and more
> closely related to N-Triples [2].  These just one have triple per
> line, and don't support @prefix or @base.  They're very quick to read
> and write (by machine), split and combine, though.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/n-quads/#n-quads-language
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/n-triples/

You can use TriG:

@base <http://example.org/alice/foaf.rdf#>
@prefix : <http://example.org/alice/foaf.rdf#>

	Andy

Re: Namespaces for .nq files

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 06/11/13 14:25, Rob Vesse wrote:
> An identical question was asked on
> http://answers.semanticweb.com/questions/25123/namespaces-for-nq-files

which explains why the original email has two spaces before "jena" --
otherwise word perfect (it said "virtuoso and jena").

Different name attached to it.  Written today.

Maria - please consolidate the answers across routes to asking the
question so someone coming across the question via one route benefits
from the answers on the other route.

	Andy

Re: Namespaces for .nq files

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.