Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/05/18 19:18:24 UTC

Subversion

Hi,
Avalon is about to move to subversion.
Is there anything about Gump that we should know about in this respect?

Cheers
Niclas
--
   +------//-------------------+
  / http://www.bali.ac        /

Re: Subversion

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> Avalon is about to move to subversion.
> Is there anything about Gump that we should know about in this respect?

Not a great deal, we'll work with you to point your repository to an SVN
one:

    http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/gump_repo/avalon.html

like (say)

    http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/gump_repo/xml-svn.html

and have you change modules accordingly, like Forrest has:

    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xml/forrest/trunk/module.xml

e.g.

    <svn repository="xml-svn" dir="forrest/trunk/" />

Right now Gump isn't smart enough to detect the change, so we'll likely wipe
repositories for you (so ./CVS is removed and .svn comes into play).

Good luck w/ your SVN adventure, I hope it treats you well. :-)

regards,

Adam