Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Matthias Niggemeier <m...@thias.de> on 2004/09/29 09:30:45 UTC

Problem with release version (winCAPI)

Hi there!
When using xsec to sign an xml-file with HMAC, the
debug version works fine. But when I try to start
the release version, initialization of the lib fails
with the message

WinCAPICryptoProvider() - Error obtaining generating
internal key store for PROV_RSA_FULL

What can I do? I use MSVC6 on WinXP.

Regards

Matthias

RE: Problem with release version (winCAPI)

Posted by Matthias Niggemeier <m...@thias.de>.
Berin,
yes, I tried the latest CVS to make sure I am not searching for
a bug thats still fixed.
At work (i.e. with the domain user logged on) both the release and
the debug version work.
At home (i.e. with a local user logged on) only the debug version
works, the release version fails.
I noted that the release version needs nearly 10 seconds to fail,
i think this is a hint on a timeout or so.
I am using XP with SP2 and Visual Studio 6 SP6. (But, if i remember
correctly, the above behaviour was there before SP2)

Greetings

Matthias

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
Matthias,

Posted by Matthias Niggemeier <m...@thias.de>.
Forget the linker issue, the problem was sitting in front of
the monitor.
With xtest, ist the same: the debug version works,
the release version quits with "abnormal program termination"
when trying XSECPlatformUtils::Initialise();
I tried a bit, but the confusion grows :-)
When I start the release version from within the IDE, the
release version works also. But, as I know, the IDE simply
starts the release version, there is no tracing or so.

I searched my harddisks, but there is no other xerces.dll
or xsec.dll.

Greetings

Matthias

Posted by Matthias Niggemeier <m...@thias.de>.