Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Valluri, Sathish" <sa...@emc.com> on 2014/04/10 15:26:23 UTC

Hive-exec package JDBC issue

Hi all,

We are trying to use Hive 0.12 JDBC driver for connecting to remote Hive Server and execute queries.

We found a strange issue with this driver that it has dependency on hive-exec package and hive-exec has internally packaged the com.google.common classes into this.(please check the hive-exec_contents.png attached for details)

Our application uses com.google.guava package which is also using the latest com.google.common as shown in the guava_contents.png file) for other purposes.

Can anyone suggest how to remove this com.google.x dependency from hive-exec and also anyone knows what is the reason for this kind of google packages dependencies on hive-exec.

Right now our application is not starting because of this conflict  and it's loading older com.google.common from hive-exec and failing method not found errors.

Regards

Sathish Valluri