Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Schomisch <sm...@bonn.iz-soz.de> on 2000/03/21 10:11:42 UTC

Full API Documentation in Xerces-J-bin.1.0.3

Hi,

I am searching for information about the package
"org.apache.xerces.validators.dtd"
and his classes in the "Full API Documentation" of Xerces-J-bin.1.0.3.zip
(08. March 2000),
which i have downloaded from http://xml.apache.org/dist/. Where can I get
the information about this package? I think,
there are other packages "org.apache.xerces.validators.*" missing in the
"Full API Documentation"?

with best regards

Siegfried Schomisch
--------------
InformationsZentrum Sozialwissenschaften
Abt. Forschung und Entwicklung
Siegfried Schomisch, M.A.
Lennestr. 30, D-53113 Bonn
Tel.: (+49) 228 2281 168
Fax: (+49) 228 2281 120
E-mail: sm@bonn.iz-soz.de
IZ: http://www.bonn.iz-soz.de/

Re: Deep copy of node from other document

Posted by Andy Heninger <he...@us.ibm.com>.
The method you are looking for is Document.importNode().

  -- Andy

Posted by Martin Duerig <ma...@documentum.com>.
Sorry for asking novice questions: What is the best strategy to deep copy a
node from one document to another one?

I tried cloneNode(true) and the appendChild() but I get the message "wrong
document".

Cheers

Martin

Re: Full API Documentation in Xerces-J-bin.1.0.3

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Schomisch wrote:
> I am searching for information about the package
> "org.apache.xerces.validators.dtd"
> and his classes in the "Full API Documentation" of Xerces-J-bin.1.0.3.zip
> (08. March 2000),
> which i have downloaded from http://xml.apache.org/dist/. Where can I get
> the information about this package? I think,
> there are other packages "org.apache.xerces.validators.*" missing in the
> "Full API Documentation"?

That package is internal code for the parser and we don't
recommend people using it directly. Therefore, we don't
document those classes in the Javadoc. If you want to, you
are free to generate Javadoc documentation for that package
and any other package you are interested in.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org