Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Punith.Kumar@Ge.Com" <Pu...@Ge.Com> on 2014/06/13 09:36:13 UTC

Strance Values of Route Mean/Min & Max Processing Time

Hi,
I have the following route:

from(mina_from_endpoint_url)
.logProcessor()
.routeId(registrationRouteId)
.initFlow(groupName, appRegErrorUri)
to('direct:mina-received-registration')

from('direct:mina-received-registration')
.convertBodyTo(String.class)
.noValidateHL7()
.process(new HL7Validator(regMsgVersion,regMsgType).disableValidation())
.inOnly('direct:hapi-validated-registration')

from('direct:hapi-validated-registration')
.process(new ValidateHL7PostTranslation(outbound_mina_options))
.pendFlow()
.inOnly('jms:queue:validated-registration')
.logProcessor()

When I send one message to mina end point and when I log the time using the
logProcessor() DSL I find out that the difference between the time (First
LogProcessor() when the message is reached and the last LogProcessor() after
putting the message on the queue) is 3 Sec as per the log file

But when I see the jConsole (camel Route attributes) the sum of the Avg
Processing time for all the above 3 routes is round 9 sec !!!!. I was
thinking that the sum of time taken by all 3 routes (avg processing time in
jconsole) should be very close to the time difference in the log file which
is logged when we recieve the message and put on the queue. But
unfortunately it is not the same

Wanted to know what is the meaning of Min/Max/Avg Processing time in
Jconsole of Route Attributes. How are they computed and how come there is a
difference in the time in the log files and the jConsole log (Sum of all the
time for all routes)

Punith