Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Xavier Prélat <pr...@wcentric.com> on 2003/02/07 10:29:05 UTC

outputting .fo file

Hi,

Is there any ways to access (edit,save,etc) the .fo file (generated by FOP?)
while printing (e.g:from command line : fop -xml file.xml -xsl file.xsl ...)
or should I have to use Xalan (or XSLT processor..) to do it ??

I guess Fop invokes Xalan to do this.... but can I get them directly???

regards.

Xavier

Re: outputting .fo file

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Xavier Prélat wrote:
> Is there any ways to access (edit,save,etc) the .fo file (generated by FOP?)
> while printing (e.g:from command line : fop -xml file.xml -xsl file.xsl ...)
> or should I have to use Xalan (or XSLT processor..) to do it ??
>
> I guess Fop invokes Xalan to do this.... but can I get them directly???

Download from the following URL (remove the line break)
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-fop/Attic/xalan.bat?
rev=1.1.2.1&only_with_tag=fop-0_20_2-maintain&content-type=text/plain

Run it as
  xalan -in foo.xml -xsl foo.xsl -out foo.fo

There is a xalan.sh as well if you are on Unix.

J.Pietschmann