Posted to user@ant.apache.org by S T <te...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/15 10:05:46 UTC

Does -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore work with Ant 8.1.2?

Morning.

I'm using:

  Apache Ant(TM) version 1.8.2 compiled on December 20 2010

and it seems that the system property javax.net.ssl.keyStore might be not
taken into account by Ant.

I specify it on the command line, alongside the appropriate password
specification, expecting that it'll help the GET task retrieving a resource
via HTTPS. However
a sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException keeps being
reported, even though I'm sure the keystore and the password used are
valid. Hence my question.

Thanks,
--Christian

Re: Does -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore work with Ant 8.1.2?

Posted by S T <te...@gmail.com>.
S T <testers3n3 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Morning.
>
> I'm using:
>
>   Apache Ant(TM) version 1.8.2 compiled on December 20 2010
>
> and it seems that the system property javax.net.ssl.keyStore might be not
> taken into account by Ant.
>
> I specify it on the command line, alongside the appropriate password
> specification, expecting that it'll help the GET task retrieving a resource
> via HTTPS. However
> a sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException keeps being
> reported, even though I'm sure the keystore and the password used are
> valid. Hence my question.
>
> Thanks,
> --Christian

Hi,

The issue I reported below was a user error. The JSSE properties
(javax.net.ssl.trustStore, etc) have to be  passed to Java, not Ant.

This means that they have to be specified in the ANT_OPTS environment
variable rather than as properties specified using the -D option on
Ant's command line.

All this is (implicitly) explained in the Environment Variables sub-section
of the Running Apache Ant section in the manual.

Sorry for the white noise,
--Christian