Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jawahar Lal <jl...@chambal.com> on 2007/07/18 13:37:43 UTC

How Solr index the long values ?

Hi,

     I indexed an document containing a field with fieldtype long. I also
indexed an document with the same field with field type long using my
application. I indexed that long field with NumberTools.longToString
(longvalue).

     I opened both the indexes through the Luke. Luke is showing the
different format for the indexed value.

This the indexed data for value 80 using myapplication :0000000002uyv4
For the same value indexed data using solr is in some different format which
includes # ; digits & and other characters.

 I am thinking Solr is indexing long value differently, and that's why solr
is not able to search range query in this field.

My question is how Solr is indexing the long value.

Thanks