Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dudes dudes <ak...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2008/10/08 12:12:51 UTC

upgrading solr

Hello all,

I would like to upgrade to the latest Solr from its nightly version.
MY understanding  is to re-index all the data after upgrading ......

Is there a way that doesn't require re-indexing all the data ? for example a solr script or any third party tools ? or do I have to re-index all the docs for the new upgrade ?

thanks for your time
ak

Get all your favourite content with the slick new MSN Toolbar - FREE
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354027/direct/01/

RE: upgrading solr

Posted by dudes dudes <ak...@hotmail.co.uk>.
thanks for your quick response..
yes it was under the right path... However, the problem was fixed by changing the ownership under index folder :)

thanks again
ak
> From: adhir@symplicity.com
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: upgrading solr
> Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:30:25 -0400
>
> Check again that you put the index directory in the right place.  If
> you're using the example config which comes with the release package,
> it needs to be in BASE/example/solr/data/index.
>
> On Oct 8, 2008, at 8:18 AM, dudes dudes wrote:
>

>> hi again,
>> I guess I'm doing something wrong,....
>>
>> I have downloaded the latest stable version...
>> untar it ,,, then I have copied /index directory from the old
>> version to the newer version version under data/
>> schema are the same... the old default one
>>
>> I have start it via java -jar start... ( solr1-3 )
>>
>> checked the http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/stats.jsp and no
>> indexed files were detected !
>>
>> Either I'm doing it wrong or I have missed something !
>>
>> thanks for your time
>> ak
>>> From: adhir@symplicity.com
>>> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
>>> Subject: Re: upgrading solr
>>> Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 07:29:33 -0400
>>>
>>> I've upgraded solr several times from nightly to nightly and then to
>>> the 1.3 release without reindexing, with no apparent ill effects.

>> Make a mini you and download it into Windows Live Messenger
>> http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354029/direct/01/

Discover Bird's Eye View now with Multimap from Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354026/direct/01/

Re: upgrading solr

Posted by Alok Dhir <ad...@symplicity.com>.

RE: upgrading solr

Posted by dudes dudes <ak...@hotmail.co.uk>.
hi again,

RE: upgrading solr

Posted by dudes dudes <ak...@hotmail.co.uk>.
thanks, I will give it a try ,,, any probs will let you know :)

ak

Re: upgrading solr

Posted by Alok Dhir <ad...@symplicity.com>.