Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mark Woon <mo...@SMI.Stanford.EDU> on 2002/02/08 15:20:39 UTC

Initializer servlet?

Hello.

I've seen a few posts about initializer servlets that basically does
whatever setup/housekeeping work needs to be done for the application.
How do you guarantee that this servlet will run before anything
else?  Is this something you can define within your servlet container?
If so, does anyone know how you'd do this with Tomcat?

Thanks,
-Mark

Re: Initializer servlet?

Posted by Jay sissom <js...@toybox.uits.indiana.edu>.
In the web.xml file, you can give each servlet a loading order.  Just make
sure your initilizing servlet has a lower number than the struts action
servlet.

Jay