Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Keith Veleba <ke...@intellitekservices.com> on 2007/06/26 22:02:33 UTC

WSDL2Java issue and/or help

I'm writing a client for a web service and I am having an issue with
stub generation.

This wsdl is causing the generation to fail:

https://uat-atc.regents.ohio.gov/ccx/OrgInfo?wsdl

Specifically, I get an error saying it cannot find the schemaLocation
of the imported schema on line 4:

<xsd:import namespace="urn:org:pesc:core:CoreMain:v1.0.0"
schemaLocation="OrgInfo/CoreMain_v1.0.0.xsd?wsdl"/>

This schemaLocation looks very odd to me, but the folks who run the
web service say it is valid and should be working.

Here's the error when I run wsdl2java.sh:

Retrieving schema at 'OrgInfo/CoreMain_v1.0.0.xsd?wsdl', relative to
'file:/Users/velebak/https:/uat-atc.regents.ohio.gov/ccx'.
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException: Error parsing
WSDL
         at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>
(CodeGenerationEngine.java:114)
         at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:32)
         at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:21)
Caused by: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException (at /
wsdl:definitions/wsdl:types/xsd:schema): faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: An
error occurred trying to resolve schema referenced at 'OrgInfo/
CoreMain_v1.0.0.xsd?wsdl', relative to 'file:/Users/velebak/https:/
uat-atc.regents.ohio.gov/ccx'.: java.io.FileNotFoundException: This
file was not found: file:/Users/velebak/https:/uat-
atc.regents.ohio.gov/OrgInfo/CoreMain_v1.0.0.xsd?wsdl
         at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseSchema(Unknown Source)
         at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseSchema(Unknown Source)
         at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseTypes(Unknown Source)
         at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseDefinitions(Unknown
Source)
         at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
         at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
         at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.readInTheWSDLFile
(CodeGenerationEngine.java:276)
         at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>
(CodeGenerationEngine.java:97)
         ... 2 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: This file was not found:
file:/Users/velebak/https:/uat-atc.regents.ohio.gov/OrgInfo/
CoreMain_v1.0.0.xsd?wsdl
         at com.ibm.wsdl.util.StringUtils.getContentAsInputStream
(Unknown Source)
         ... 11 more

Any ideas what may be going on here?  It looks like it is looking for
an actual local file, but it is not local, it is hosted remotely.

Thanks in advance.

--

Keith E. Veleba
President

Re: WSDL2Java issue and/or help

Posted by Keith Veleba <ke...@intellitekservices.com>.
Thanks, Haneef, for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, I had to edit the wsdl and it failed under axis2 1.1.1
with a NullPointerException (even though it found the referenced schema)

I've switched to Axis2 1.2, but I haven't been able to get it to run
wsdl2java; just sends my poor little MacBook to 100% CPU:

Using AXIS2_HOME:   /Users/velebak/javalibs/axis2-1.2/
Using JAVA_HOME:       /Library/Java/Home
Retrieving schema at 'CoreMain_v1.0.0.xsd', relative to 'file:/Users/
velebak/'.

That's all it does.

Posted by "Ali, Haneef" <ha...@hp.com>.
You can download the wsdl from the schemalocation (
https://uat-atc.regents.ohio.gov/ccx/OrgInfo/CoreMain_v1.0.0.xsd?wsdl )
and put it in the same directory as that of original wsdl and run
wsdl2java.

Thanks,
Haneef