Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2008/04/01 16:26:12 UTC

t5: sharing entities among projects

Hi,

I tried to package the entities into a jar file so that it can be used in
another project, here is a sample:

1. downloaded
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry-data/attachments/Tapestry5HowToUseTapestryHibernate/attachments/hb.zip
2. compile and try it, it works.
3. goto entities directory:

jar cvf my_entities.jar .

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=my_entities.jar  -DgroupId=org.example.hb
-DartifactId=my_entities  -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true

i can see it  in maven's repository.

I put this into another project's pom.xml:

< dependency>
	<groupId>org.example.hb</groupId>
  	<artifactId>my_entities</artifactId>
  	<version>1.1</version>
< /dependency>

Now I tried to use the Hello class in another class:

Hello hello;

In IDE it suggested that to import org.example.hb.entities.Hello, but it can
not be found, I do see my_entities.jar listed in the library any idea what
I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Angelo