Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Davey Yan <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/02 03:55:25 UTC

DataBlockScanner's rate limit

I recently got a mini cluster corrupted after my inappropriate process.

This mini cluster's dfs.replication was set to 1.
After irregular restart of OS, I cannot wait to leave safemode, the block
ratio is 0.9862, < 0.999.
In the http://ip:50075/blockScannerReport, I notice there is rate limit to
1MB.
It will verify the blocks for long time.

So I "hadoop dfdsadmin safemode leave", and then I got blocks missing.

My question is: Why should we limit the rate in DataBlockScanner while the
cluster is still starting up or still in safemode?

I read the source code of DataBlockScanner.java, there is no parameter to
change the rate limit.
It seams to be 1MB to 8MB always.

--
Davey Yan

Re: DataBlockScanner's rate limit

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.
Another questions: will a single replication factor offen lead to block
missing?
yes

Re: DataBlockScanner's rate limit

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.

Posted by Davey Yan <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh, thanks for reply.

Yes, dfs.replication was set to 1, but no missing mount.
Another questions: will a single replication factor offen lead to block
missing?
After the startup, the ratio reported in admin ui, e.g. 0.9826, will not
change?  Even the DataBlockScanner is still running?

Posted by Davey Yan <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh, thanks for reply.

Posted by Davey Yan <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh, thanks for reply.