Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by rab ra <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/28 10:14:17 UTC

Fwd: Issue with fs.delete

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "rab ra" <ra...@gmail.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2013 13:26
Subject: Issue with fs.delete
To: "users@hadoop.apache.org" <us...@hadoop.apache.org>

Hello,

I am having a trouble in deleting a file from hdfs. I am using hadoop 1.2.1
stable release. I use the following code segment in my program

fs.delete(new Path("hdfs:/user/<username>/input/input.txt"))
            fs.copyFromLocalFile(false,false,new Path("input.txt"),new
Path("hdfs:/user/<username>/input/input.txt"))

Any hint?

Re: Issue with fs.delete

Posted by Abhijit Sarkar <ab...@gmail.com>.
Wow this is one helluva forum where people needing help leave the problem
to the expert's imagination. Even paid  support would close a ticket like
that without looking twice.

Re: Issue with fs.delete

Posted by rab ra <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yes