Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by William Shatner <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/21 20:29:09 UTC

Axis2.home / runtime environment issues

Hi,

Apologies if the question is too basic for this forum. I'm developing my
first java web service using Eclipse/Axis2/Tomcat. I followed the excellent
tutorial found at
http://www.builderau.com.au/program/java/soa/Setting-up-a-simple-Web-service-using-Java/0,339024620,339284524,00.htm
* *<http://www.builderau.com.au/program/java/soa/Setting-up-a-simple-Web-service-using-Java/0,339024620,339284524,00.htm>
which worked fine and my development environment is still set up mimicking
the tutorial example. My problem is that I am now trying to use external
jars with my program on the client and  web service side to process the
message when it arrives at the web service.

Basic web service / client communication is fine when using basic java
strings etc. but when I start accessing the external .jar to help process
the received strings etc I get axis2 errors along the line of

*org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: com/sdk/path/within/jarfile/Message
at
org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java:512)
at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:370)
at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:416)
..
[ERROR] com/path/path/within/jarfile/Message

and I also get

*[ERROR] org/apache/axis/description/FieldDesc

when accessing this jar.

I'm guessing I somehow have to put this jar in my axis2_home/lib folder or
something similar but I've no idea how to find axis2_home..i have seen it in
the xmls but can't resolve the ${parameter} to output to the screen.. when i
edit the xml it gets overwritten. There is no lib folder in the axis2-web
folder in my workspace and I tried placing the jar file the WEB-INF/lib
folder but to no avail....The jar is on my Java Eclipse build path and
causes no Java compilation errors, works fine as a standard Java app etc.
but Axis2 doesn't seem to want to know about it!!!!!

Any help greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Tori

Re: Axis2.home / runtime environment issues

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:59 AM, William Shatner <shatner.william@gmail.com

> Apologies if the question is too basic for this forum. I'm developing my
> first java web service using Eclipse/Axis2/Tomcat. I followed the excellent
> tutorial found at
> http://www.builderau.com.au/program/java/soa/Setting-up-a-simple-Web-service-using-Java/0,339024620,339284524,00.htm
> * *<http://www.builderau.com.au/program/java/soa/Setting-up-a-simple-Web-service-using-Java/0,339024620,339284524,00.htm>
> which worked fine and my development environment is still set up mimicking
> the tutorial example. My problem is that I am now trying to use external
> jars with my program on the client and  web service side to process the
> message when it arrives at the web service.

could you please try directly with the tomcat  and axis2 with out using
eclipse.

thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Oops - sorry - testing something.

unsubscribe

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
unsubscribe

RE: Axis2.home / runtime environment issues

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
FindJar and or Jarhoo search engines will find the class you want in this case the version specific jar you want to put in webapps\axis2\web-inf\lib is

axis.jar
axis1.0.jar
axis1.1.jar
axis1.2.jar