Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by "Xu, Qian A" <qi...@intel.com> on 2015/03/13 05:51:53 UTC

Call for cleaning up jiras for Sqoop 1.4.6 release

Dear Sqoop Developers,

I'm cleaning up jiras for the Sqoop 1.4.6 release. Here are a complete list of unresolved jiras as follows. I'd like to ask, if anyone is working on one of these items and wants to fix any these in 1.4.6 release?

DB2 related feature:
  SQOOP-1932 fix authorization failuare when the --hive-table option contaion a database name for import
  SQOOP-1907 export support for --staging-table against db2
  SQOOP-1906 Export support for mixed update/insert against db2
  SQOOP-1905 add --schema option for import-all-tables and list-tables against db2
  SQOOP-1904 support for DB2 XML data type when importing to hdfs

Windows support:
  SQOOP-961 SQOOP-957 Update Sqoop documentation for Windows changes
  SQOOP-960 Update Sqoop documentation for Windows changes
  SQOOP-957 Proposed enhancements for getting Sqoop support on Windows
  SQOOP-956 Create a winpkg target for Sqoop to create a Winows installable Sqoop package

The rest:
  SQOOP-2191 Provide an option automatically choose one mapper when neither primary key is defined nor split by column is provided
  SQOOP-1807 Incremental import to HBase with free form query is broken
  SQOOP-1760 Relocated hadoop installation
  SQOOP-1735 Sqoop job fails (but not 'sqoop import') if --create-hive-table is set and the hive table already exists
  SQOOP-1600 Exception when import data using Data Connector for Oracle with TIMESTAMP column type to Parquet files\
  SQOOP-1347 High performance oracle connector should depend on --direct flag only to disable/enable feature
  SQOOP-1301 'run' method in Sqoop.java is not thread-safe
  SQOOP-1295 Sqoop Merge supports only one column merge key. Merge fails if source table as composite key
  SQOOP-1289 Sqoop hbase-bulkload does not work with composite key
  SQOOP-1252 Sqoop import from db2. Schema of import not in expected format.
  SQOOP-1221 Support to configure the column and record delimiter in Sqoop2 as per client requirement
  SQOOP-1198 Make Sqoop build aware of the protobuf library
  SQOOP-890 ClassWriter Generates setField Casts Based on the Output Type, not the Input Type

A complete list: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20sqoop%20and%20fixVersion%20%3D%271.4.6%27%20and%20status%20not%20in%20(resolved%2C%20closed)

--Stanley (Qian) Xu

Re: Call for cleaning up jiras for Sqoop 1.4.6 release

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.
SQOOP-2191 - I Have uploaded patches for that

SQOOP-1221 - Is a Sqoop2 bug.   I updated that accordingly

Venkat