Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nodje <no...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/25 09:48:16 UTC

buildnumber-maven-plugin using svnjava doesn't detect SVN working copy

I got an error using 1.0-beta-3 with svnjava:

[INFO] [buildnumber:create {execution: default}]
[INFO] Change the default 'svn' provider implementation to 'javasvn'.
[INFO] Checking for local modifications: skipped.
[INFO] Updating project files from SCM: skipped.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot get the revision information from the scm repository :
Exception while executing SCM command.

svn: '/Users/nodje/Documents/project/company/company-parent' is not a
working copy

But this is a working copy, and indeed, it works without svnjava!
But I have to use svnjava to be able to use the plugin from within Intellij
IDEA.

It used to work, I can't really understand why it doesn't detect the working
copy.

cheers
-nodje

Re: buildnumber-maven-plugin using svnjava doesn't detect SVN working copy

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2009/8/25 nodje <no...@gmail.com>:

> thanks for being so fast Olivier.
>
> Everything works fine now. Too bad svnkit cannot be on the central.
>
> FYI, your link to the jar on Jira gives a Forbidden (No permission).
Fixed.

> cheers
>

> olamy-2 wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> If your local copy comes from a 1.6 checkout, you have to upgrade your
>> svnkit version in the plugin dependencies.
>> Have a look at the pom [1] and the profile called svn1.6.
>> But as the svnkit version is not on central [2] you have to install it.
>>
>> HTH,
>> --
>> Olivier
>> [1]
>> http://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/buildnumber-maven-plugin/src/it/basic-it-svnjava/pom.xml
>> [2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVENUPLOAD-2533
>>
>> 2009/8/25 nodje <no...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> I got an error using 1.0-beta-3 with svnjava:
>>>
>>> [INFO] [buildnumber:create {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] Change the default 'svn' provider implementation to 'javasvn'.
>>> [INFO] Checking for local modifications: skipped.
>>> [INFO] Updating project files from SCM: skipped.
>>> [INFO]
>>> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>>> [INFO]
>>> [INFO] Cannot get the revision information from the scm repository :
>>> Exception while executing SCM command.
>>>
>>> svn: '/Users/nodje/Documents/project/company/company-parent' is not a
>>> working copy
>>>
>>> But this is a working copy, and indeed, it works without svnjava!
>>> But I have to use svnjava to be able to use the plugin from within
>>> Intellij
>>> IDEA.
>>>
>>> It used to work, I can't really understand why it doesn't detect the
>>> working
>>> copy.
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> -nodje
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Olivier

Olivier

Re: buildnumber-maven-plugin using svnjava doesn't detect SVN working copy

Posted by nodje <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,

2009/8/25 nodje <no...@gmail.com>:

> I got an error using 1.0-beta-3 with svnjava:
>
> [INFO] [buildnumber:create {execution: default}]
> [INFO] Change the default 'svn' provider implementation to 'javasvn'.
> [INFO] Checking for local modifications: skipped.
> [INFO] Updating project files from SCM: skipped.
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Cannot get the revision information from the scm repository :
> Exception while executing SCM command.
>
> svn: '/Users/nodje/Documents/project/company/company-parent' is not a
> working copy
>
> But this is a working copy, and indeed, it works without svnjava!
> But I have to use svnjava to be able to use the plugin from within Intellij
> IDEA.
>
> It used to work, I can't really understand why it doesn't detect the working
> copy.
>
> cheers
> -nodje

Olivier