Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kalra, Ashwani" <as...@cgey.com> on 2003/11/12 05:32:07 UTC

forward problem ?

hi,

I have one link http://localhost:8080/controller?id=23
when user clicks it , a page is loaded, user fills in the details in the
form,  and presses one button and the same page should be loaded . The
problem is that redirecting to the same page is done using forward, which
leaves the address bar unchanged and I get that request parameter again,
which I dont want. This is done by framework which I cannot change. How to
circumevent this problem ?

TIA
Ashwani

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,
distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies
of this message.

Re: forward problem ?

Posted by Abhijeet Mahalkar <Ab...@indussoft.com>.
create one more tag in action ...
<forward name="controllerFRWD" path="/controller1.jsp"/>

and provide this name in action class forward. this works...

abhijeet