Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Samuel Sadek <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2002/06/05 21:02:28 UTC

spurious messages!?!

Hi all,

Apologies if this has appeared in the james-dev list but I'm experiencing
problems with mail submission and james mail list in general.

I am using the latest version of James 2.1a1 from CVS.

After successfully upgrading James from 2.03a to 2.1a1 and run the program,
I keep getting the following messages:

The Block named "imapsystem" (implementation class
"org.apache.james.imapserver.
IMAPSystem"), implements a service "org.apache.james.imapserver.IMAPSystem"
whic
h extends a Lifecycle interface
"org.apache.avalon.framework.context.Contextuali
zable". This violates the expected usage patterns.
The Block named "imapsystem" (implementation class
"org.apache.james.imapserver.
IMAPSystem"), implements a service "org.apache.james.imapserver.IMAPSystem"
whic
h extends a Lifecycle interface
"org.apache.avalon.framework.component.Composabl
e". This violates the expected usage patterns.
The Block named "imapsystem" (implementation class
"org.apache.james.imapserver.
IMAPSystem"), implements a service "org.apache.james.imapserver.IMAPSystem"
whic
h extends a Lifecycle interface
"org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Confi
gurable". This violates the expected usage patterns.
James 2.1a1-cvs
Started IMAP Server plain:143
Started SMTP Server plain:25

I am using only SMTP and IMAP protocol (of which I'm currently evaluating).
I have removed and replaced all instances of Block in IMAP to Component
type.

There is no problem with James mail server at all, it's just curiosity. I
suspect these are warning messages and wanted to find out their meaning.

Can someone also explain to me the current differences between 2.03a and
2.1a1?

Look forward to your comments and valuable feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Sam.