Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Johnson, Garrett" <Jo...@cbsnews.com> on 2002/12/02 19:50:32 UTC

Configuring Apache 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1 on Windows 2000

I'm having some problems making Apache call Tomcat for it's servlet calls,
and was hoping someone could help me:

My environment:

1)  Apache HTTPD 2.0.43
2)  Tomcat 4.1
3)  mod_jk.dll has been copied into the C:\Apache\Apache2\modules\ directory
4)  httpd.conf, (in C:\Apache\Apache2\conf,) has these lines appended to it:

# Load mod_jk module
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.dll

# Declare the module for <IfModule directive>
AddModule mod_jk.c

# Where to find workers.properties
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties

# Where to put jk logs
JkLogFile logs/mod_jk.log

# Set the jk log level [debug/error/info]
JkLogLevel info

# Select the log format

# JkOptions indicate to send SSL KEY SIZE,
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories

# JkRequestLogFormat set the request format
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"

# Send everything for context /examples to worker named worker1 (ajp13)
JkMount /examples/* worker1

5)  workers.properties, (in C:\Apache\Apache2\conf,) contains:

# Define 1 real worker using ajp13
worker.list=worker1

# Set properties for worker1 (ajp13)
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.host=locahost
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.lbfactor=50
worker.worker1.cachesize=10
worker.worker1.cache_timeout=600
worker.worker1.socket_keepalive=1
worker.worker1.socket_timeout=300

THE PROBLEM:  When attempting to run apache, after starting up Tomcat first,
I get the error message:

C:\Apache\Apache2\bin>apache

Syntax error on line 988 of C:/Apache/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'AddModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

What's wrong here?  Line 988 maps to the "AddModule mod_jk.c" command.  Have
I failed to edit this line properly?  Do I also need to make changes to
Tomcat's .conf files to enable apache to call it as a child process/thread?
What am I missing?