Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Yunhua Sang <yu...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/22 17:03:27 UTC

5.3.5 DateField issue

Hi all,

Today I tried the 5.3.5, the DateField is not working properly with IE8.
Opening the panel is OK, but when you select a date, IE throws exception:
Invalid property value.  prototype.js, line 3043 character 9. I guess it's
caused by the new prototype version 1.7.1.

Regards,
Yunhua

Re: 5.3.5 DateField issue

Posted by Jochen Berger <fo...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Am 22.08.2012 17:03, schrieb Yunhua Sang:
> Today I tried the 5.3.5, the DateField is not working properly with IE8.
> Opening the panel is OK, but when you select a date, IE throws exception:
> Invalid property value.  prototype.js, line 3043 character 9. I guess it's
> caused by the new prototype version 1.7.1.

The problem is caused when using Effect.Highlight on the corresponding
text field. The update loop (effects.js:501) tries to set its background
color to '#NanNanNan', because i is undefined in the inject iterator
function.
So, yes, it's due to the prototype update that seems to cause an
incompatibility with script.aculo.us. Looks like we have to patch
Effect.Highlight.

Jochen