Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2006/06/07 16:50:26 UTC

[1.4] Asset upload: Require creator + rights?

Hi Lenya devs,

do you think that the "creator" and "rights" fields on the asset
upload screen should be mandatory? IMO the fields can be optional.

I'll initialize the "creator" parameter with the full name of
the logged-in user (fallback to the user ID if the full name is
not entered). Please complain if you don't like this.

Should we add a default value for the "rights" parameter as well?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org

Re: [1.4] Asset upload: Require creator + rights?

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-due.de>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> do you think that the "creator" and "rights" fields on the asset
> upload screen should be mandatory? IMO the fields can be optional.

good idea.

> I'll initialize the "creator" parameter with the full name of
> the logged-in user (fallback to the user ID if the full name is
> not entered).

excellent idea.

--
"Án nýrra verka, án nútimans, hættir fortíðin að vekja áhuga."
"Without new works, without the present the past will cease to be of

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft