Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by "Vaijanath N. Rao" <va...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/21 04:26:58 UTC

Self Organizing map Implementation

Hi Mahout-developers,

I was looking at Mahout task list, it does not talk about unsupervised
learning mechanism such as Self-Organizing map. I would like to
implement Self-Organizing-Map for Mahout ( not sure the map-reduce part
as I am new to Hadoop), if it needed by the team and does add value to
Mahout project.

--Thanks and Regards
Vaijanath

Re: Self Organizing map Implementation

Posted by Isabel Drost <ap...@isabel-drost.de>.
On Monday 21 April 2008, Vaijanath N. Rao wrote:
> I think I can get the sequential version well documented and tested by
> end of this week, Would that help?

Sure. That sounds good. It would be nice if you could provide some unit tests
as well so developers improving your code can be sure they did not break
anything.

Isabel

--
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on
people.		-- W. C. Fields
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>

Re: Self Organizing map Implementation

Posted by "Vaijanath N. Rao" <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

Thanks for your reply. I already have sequential reference
implementation of SOM ( Self-organizing map) and GHSOM (Growing
Hierarchical SOM) (Not yet fully tested) . I am building application
around them to demonstrate there usability.

I have already have sequential implementation for Content base Image
retrieval (Not yet fully tested).  Currently I am writing the
application for Text similarity, Music similarity and Video similarity.

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.