Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org> on 2008/04/17 10:48:41 UTC

Virtual Repositories

Hi everyone,

A group of us here from Exist bounced around some thoughts on how to
approach implementing the virtual repositories concept in Archiva (
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-694). So far, we've came up with a list
of things that might need to be changed in order to implement this feature:

1. Configuration -- add the repository group in managed repositories
configuration. It is assumed here that a repository can belong to multiple
repository groups.
   1.1 UI
    - update the repositories page (add a field that contains the list of
repo groups -- the list can be links to the browse by repository groups)
    - browse repository groups page
    - repo group connectors page (similar to proxy connector)

   1.2 archiva.xml
    - add a RepositoryGroup class in configuration model
    - set a default configuration for the repo group (might not be
necessary)

2. Webdav module
   2.1 handle requests with repository group urls
    - iterate through the repositories under the group and return the first
artifact found. If not found, return a 404.

   2.2 attempt to deploy in the group should return a "BAD REQUEST"

3. Security/permission
   3.1 ignore the repositories which the user does not have permission to
access (this would tie up with 2.1)

Wdyt?
Suggestions, comments, violent reactions are all welcome :-)

Thanks,
Deng

Re: Virtual Repositories

Posted by "Napoleon Esmundo C. Ramirez" <na...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I just submitted some patches to cover the basic functionalities for this
new feature.  I got Item #2 covered but Item #3 will still need some work,
and there was another patch for the UI submitted by Marica.  Anybody wants
to review 'em? :)

Cheers,
Nap

P.S. More work needed for the metadata and nexus index thingies.

Re: Virtual Repositories

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.