Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Wolfgang Schmiesing <ws...@students.latrobe.edu.au> on 2004/07/27 01:22:34 UTC

feature request: remote setting properties

Is it possible to propose a feature for a future subversion release?
I'd like to set properties to a subversion repository and/or to files in that repository from the web. This means setting properties without having a working copy. Is this possible or how hard would it be to implement this feature?

Re: feature request: remote setting properties

Posted by Mark Benedetto King <mb...@lowlatency.com>.
On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 08:21:47AM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Michael W Thelen wrote:
> >* Wolfgang  Schmiesing <ws...@students.latrobe.edu.au> [2004-07-26
> >19:52]:
> >
> >>Is it possible to propose a feature for a future subversion release?
> >>I'd like to set properties to a subversion repository and/or to files in
> >>that repository from the web. This means setting properties without
> >>having a working copy. Is this possible or how hard would it be to
> >>implement this feature?
> >

> >A little while ago, I was told on IRC that there's probably no technical
> >reason this can't be done.  It just hasn't been implemented yet.  It's
> >actually one of my personal itches too, so I'll take a look at starting on
> >this issue soon.
>
> Shouldn't this work using an HTTP PROPPATCH request?
>
> Julian

We'd want to do it for all RA mechanisms.

--ben

Re: feature request: remote setting properties

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Michael W Thelen <th...@cs.utah.edu>.
* Wolfgang  Schmiesing <ws...@students.latrobe.edu.au> [2004-07-26 19:52]:
> Is it possible to propose a feature for a future subversion release?
> I'd like to set properties to a subversion repository and/or to files in that repository from the web. This means setting properties without having a working copy. Is this possible or how hard would it be to implement this feature?

A little while ago, I was told on IRC that there's probably no technical
reason this can't be done.  It just hasn't been implemented yet.  It's
actually one of my personal itches too, so I'll take a look at starting on
this issue soon.

-- Mike

--
Michael W. Thelen
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.