Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Josh Fenlason <jf...@ptc.com> on 2002/06/17 19:21:46 UTC

LDAP Authentication

I'm trying to use Tomcat4.1.3 to authenticate using LDAP, but not having
much luck.  I've been looking at the org.apache.catalina.reaml.JNDIRealm
source and the DirContext object passed in for authentication doesn't have
any attributes.  If anyone has any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  I would
greatly appreciate your help.  Thanks.  The <Realm/> that I'm using in
server.xml is below.

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
    connectionURL="ldap://camaro.mn.ptc.com:389"
    roleName="cn"
    roleBase="ou=People,ou=jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=Arden Hills,o=PTC"
    roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
    userPassword="cn"
    userPattern="uid={0},ou=People,ou=jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=Arden
Hills,o=PTC"
    roleSubtree="true"
    debug="99"/>

This is the url I used when using Apache1 for the LDAP authentication:
ldap://camaro.mn.ptc.com:389/ou=People,ou=jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=Ard
en Hills,o=PTC