Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/19 00:26:48 UTC

[Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Please review and vote on the Cordova 3.4.0 release.

You can find the sample release at http://people.apache.org/~steven/

Voting will go on for 24 hours.

Cheers,

-Steve

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
I'm going to have to agree, based on the Apache policy I read earlier
that I didn't know about until today.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
I *think* Andrew means its helpful to have an extra set of eyes. The ideal
would be for us to re-instate that part of the program BEFORE we cut
release bits. A retroactive check doesn't hurt though really it should
never necessary after an RC.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
I am a +1 now as well.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
A note on best practice. Prior to calling a release (i.e. when an RM is
stepping up to create a release) there should be a "[DISCUSS] release x.y.z"

This provides a place for people to air concerns without affecting the VOTE
thread. Ideally the VOTE thread is just a series of +1s and, in exceptional
circumstances, some -1's See my other thread for clarity on what -1's mean.

Ross

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Senior Technology Evangelist
Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation

RE: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <pa...@microsoft.com>.
I spoke to Jesse about the Windows issues. Revoking my -1 as they are non-critical.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

RE: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <pa...@microsoft.com>.
-1

Was hoping that the following 2 changes are added for the Windows Platform. They may need to be in a major release .

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by purplecabbage <pu...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
-1

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
-1

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by James Jong <wj...@gmail.com>.
+1
-James Jong

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ld...@us.ibm.com>.
+1

From:   Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>
To:     "dev@cordova.apache.org" <de...@cordova.apache.org>
Date:   02/18/2014 06:54 PM

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
+1

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by AnalyticsTester <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by lmnbeyond <lm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Best Regards!

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by "Naik, Archana" <na...@lab126.com>.
+1

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Vote closed!

The vote has passed successfully with 7 binding votes!

PMC Votes :
Andrew Grieve
Joe Bowser
Brian LeRoux
Jesse MacFadyen
Archana Naik
James Jong
Lisa Seacat DeLuca

Thanks all for voting!

I will be publishing the blog post + release zip + cli shortly!

Cheers,
-Steve

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
So I was a bit curious to try this myself, so I ran:

> coho --repo cadence repo-clone
> coho --repo cadence foreach "git remote -v"
> coho --repo cadence foreach "git show-ref 3.4.0"

It seems that cordova-cli is included in the cadence release, but hasn't
been tagged passed rc.2 yet?

(also, cordova-firefoxos has had no tags from 3.4.0 at all)

Sebb, I think thats the best way to know whats in the release, is to use
our cordova-coho tool (which help manage all the repos and tag releases
automatically).

-Michal

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Thanks Steve, the problem was my use of "git show-ref 3.4.0" which is
specifically looking for that tag.  I forgot about the cad+sem versioning
of cli (woops).

I am doing this now :/

coho --repo cadence foreach "git tag" | grep -e "Executing" -e "3.4.0" |
grep -v "rc"
./cordova-android/ =========== Executing: git tag
3.4.0
./cordova-ios/ =============== Executing: git tag
3.4.0
./cordova-blackberry/ ======== Executing: git tag
3.4.0
./cordova-windows/ =========== Executing: git tag
3.4.0
./cordova-wp8/ =============== Executing: git tag
3.4.0
./cordova-firefoxos/ ========= Executing: git tag
3.4.0
./cordova-ubuntu/ ============ Executing: git tag
3.4.0
./cordova-amazon-fireos/ ===== Executing: git tag
3.4.0
./cordova-cli/ =============== Executing: git tag
3.4.0-0.1.0
./cordova-js/ ================ Executing: git tag
3.4.0
./cordova-mobile-spec/ ======= Executing: git tag
3.4.0
./cordova-app-hello-world/ === Executing: git tag
3.4.0
./cordova-docs/ ============== Executing: git tag
3.4.0

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Michal,

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ld...@us.ibm.com>.
Better yet, let's add it to the wiki for the workflow process.
http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CommitterWorkflow

it's *kinda* there now but could use some loving from someone who uses it
all the time.

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Emerging Mobile Software Engineer - Apache Cordova Committer - IBM Master
Inventor
SWG Open Technologies and Strategy

Phone: 1-410-332-2128 | Mobile: 1-415-787-4589
E-mail: ldeluca@us.ibm.com
personal website: lisaseacat.com
Chat: ldeluca@us.ibm.com
Find me on:   and within IBM on:

100 East Pratt St 21-2212
Baltimore, MD 21202-1009
United States

From:   Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>
To:     "dev@cordova.apache.org" <de...@cordova.apache.org>
Date:   02/20/2014 02:20 PM
Sent by:        brian.leroux@gmail.com

we should start a thread about coho. it kind of grew into a tool that I'm
fairly certain only the googlers use and aligning our flows would be a
good
thing.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Added a coho command to help with this:

> coho list-release-urls --version 3.4.0 --repo cadence
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-android.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/3.4.0
9768e738823ba90213f7b118147ccaf7d5c85887 refs/tags/3.4.0
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-ios.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/3.4.0
a026bbcd4592717a5bc46222654729cbae958728 refs/tags/3.4.0
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-blackberry.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/3.4.0
195ea8d4602fffc6b7866a5848ff48c3d618d309 refs/tags/3.4.0
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-windows.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/3.4.0
0b2c38d417776920973254f8bbbced7be126c174 refs/tags/3.4.0
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-wp8.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/3.4.0
c8f7aee9e7a1e07aa9689887cca7271793613121 refs/tags/3.4.0
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-firefoxos.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/3.4.0
3e760cf65d5e6b6433fe0b134398a8e2838b939a refs/tags/3.4.0
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-ubuntu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/3.4.0
91d453876b4afda7d7f51b7a682292a1f17e7c9e refs/tags/3.4.0
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-amazon-fireos.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/3.4.0
41207ba1ce0b0ea2821edce22d2a3a77123faf55 refs/tags/3.4.0
Tag "3.4.0" does not exist in repo cordova-cli
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-js.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/3.4.0
5d558a9c1adbfc11ea5f095d12bf6d1d6ca697fb refs/tags/3.4.0
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-mobile-spec.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/3.4.0
32830c4afaf1bdbfc50e2c5bfb2d87b056d902e2 refs/tags/3.4.0
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-app-hello-world.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/3.4.0
23576375e7ee8580f41353aab8b523427b8cd0b3 refs/tags/3.4.0
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-docs.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/3.4.0
db7ab1ec80915153329c4b1ceaa0718b1b01c8e2 refs/tags/3.4.0

> coho list-release-urls --version 3.4.0-0.1.0 --repo cordova-cli
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-cli.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/3.4.0-0.1.0
8bc03dc00c7ca87d7fa0446ed364875e551db0c1 refs/tags/3.4.0-0.1.0

You have to specify CLI version manually right now, but if someone wants to
fix that up in coho it would be sweet.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Part of the point of including the details in the vote is to document
them for the archives.

Again, this is to help with proving that due diligence has been done.
The idea is to be able to easily detect any problems in the release
creation process and fix them before release.
[At least one project I am aware of accidentally included a password
in a relase]

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
SCM == ?

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19 February 2014 09:30, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 18/02/2014 23:26, Steven Gill wrote:
>> Please review and vote on the Cordova 3.4.0 release.
>>
>> You can find the sample release at http://people.apache.org/~steven/
>>
>> Voting will go on for 24 hours.
>
> You should provide hashes and sigs for the zips as well. You'll need
> them when you upload them to the www.apache.org/dist anyway.

They did provide those for the main zip.

The cordova-3.4.0/ subdirectory is just an exploded version of the
top-level zip file, so does not need hashes/sigs unless it is to be
separately provided (this was not done with earlier releases)

I already downloaded them all and checked this last night; the hash
and sigs are fine for the top-level zip.

[The README.md file from the zip does not appear in the directory
listing, but it is there - it's a feature of the httpd config that it
is elided from the directory listing]

Re: [Vote] Cordova 3.4.0 release

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.