Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <aa...@apache.org> on 2010/08/30 10:13:22 UTC

Re: internalizing third-party deps

Finally got around to work on pulling this third-party library in our code. So added the Apache license header to the source files. Now trying to figure out what to do with the original license / copyright notice. What is our approach to that? Just strip them off the source files on the premise that they are mentioned in the common NOTICE/LICENSE?

This is what Apache license header seems to imply: "See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership."

Still wanted to doublecheck.

Thanks,
Andrus

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <aa...@apache.org>.
Totally does. Thanks!

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <aa...@apache.org>.
Totally does. Thanks!

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Andrus Adamchik <aa...@apache.org> wrote:
> Finally got around to work on pulling this third-party library in our code. So added the Apache license header to the source files. Now trying to figure out what to do with the original license / copyright notice. What is our approach to that? Just strip them off the source files on the premise that they are mentioned in the common NOTICE/LICENSE?
>
> This is what Apache license header seems to imply: "See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership."
>
> Still wanted to doublecheck.

Does this help?

http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-moveothercopyright

> Thanks,