Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by jaikumar Ganesh <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/28 01:06:22 UTC

Hello

 I was playing with the lucene based search engine at
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/index.html
I have been able to create the index and search for the query string at the
cmd line.
 However, for the html version when i develop and set the index as
"/opt/lucene/index" and then use the demo web template to search ... i was
always get the result as :
 "I'm sorry I couldn't find what you were looking for." becuase hits.length()
is always zero.
 It is able to find the path to the index but unable to search. For the same
index built for the command line search, it works fine. But when built for
the html search it does not work.
 Any hints?
 Thanks
Jaikumar