Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by S D <sd...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/10 00:34:22 UTC

copyFromLocal *

I'm using the Hadoop FS shell to move files into my data store (either HDFS
or S3Native). I'd like to use wildcard with copyFromLocal but this doesn't
seem to work. Is there any way I can get that kind of functionality?

Thanks,
John

Re: copyFromLocal *

Posted by lohit <lo...@yahoo.com>.
Which version of hadoop are you using.
I think from 0.18 or 0.19 copyFromLocal accepts multiple files as input but destination should be a directory.

Lohit