Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <cr...@oracle.com> on 2016/05/05 22:39:22 UTC

Status of whimsy roster tool?

I’m trying to use the roster tool to update the commit access for folks who have no icla on file.

So I go to the page of the project for example https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committee/maven and double click on the person’s name, which brings up a little dialog. When I click on (Remove as Committer) the button changes color but then, …

Nothing else happens.

Is this feature supposed to work?

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: Status of whimsy roster tool?

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 6:39 PM, Craig Russell <cr...@oracle.com> wrote:
> I’m trying to use the roster tool to update the commit access for folks who have no icla on file.
>
> So I go to the page of the project for example https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committee/maven and double click on the person’s name, which brings up a little dialog. When I click on (Remove as Committer) the button changes color but then, …

What that is supposed to do is update LDAP (removing that person from
the specific committee), and send an email to the committee (bcc'ing
root@) that the change was made.

Given your symptoms; there are two possibilities: a bug or a network problem.

If it is a bug, there may be something useful in the javascript
console; either that or you can use the developer tools from your
browser to capture the network output.  If the data contains
confidential information, post it on private@?

The other possibility is a network problem, which seems all too common
at the colo where whimsy2 is at.  I've got a new VM (whimsy3) in a new
colo that I will be setting up; but there was some heated discussion
concerning SSL certs that I'm letting die down before I pick up that
work again.

> Nothing else happens.
>
> Is this feature supposed to work?
>
> Craig L Russell