Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by hok <iv...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/20 23:27:50 UTC

URLs with page id and Component.isVersioned

Hello,
this issue has been discussed previously
(http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Stateful-pages-without-page-Id-in-the-url-td3816663.html).
If it is safe for a page not to keep it's versions (for exapmle if the whole
"state" is in the page paramgers) the page id in the url is not needed
anymore. Also, as discussed, this will be good for SEO and for Google
Analytics.
Is it possible for the page URLs not to include page id if a
Page.isVersioned() returns false? As far as I can understand, currently, if
this method returns false a new page will be created every time (even if
back button is pressed). This will give an easy way for removing page ids
from the URL when they are not needed. Thanks.

Re: URLs with page id and Component.isVersioned

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
make your page stateless and it will not have the page id in the url.

-igor