Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mufaddal Khumri <mu...@wmotion.com> on 2003/10/10 09:04:22 UTC

Attribute invalid according to the specified TLD ??

Hi,

Does anybody know why I would get the following exception:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /MyJsp.jsp(103,2) Attribute
pramValues invalid according to the specified TLD
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHand
ler.java:94)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java
:428)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java
:186)

MyJsp.jsp has the following tag library:

		<%
		Vector vPName = new Vector();
		Vector vPValue = new Vector();

		vPName.addElement("selection");
		vPValue.addElement(selection);
		%>

		<cw:nextPrevLink listSize='<%=maxLength%>'
						 offset='<%=offset%>'
						 displaySize='<%=Constants.USER_LIST_DISPLAY_SIZE%>'
						 link='/myOther.jsp'
						 paramNames='<%=vPName%>'
						 pramValues='<%=vPValue%>'/>

	The tag entry in my .tld file is as below:

     <tag>
         <name>nextPrevLink</name>
         <tag-class>com.cw.NextPrevLink</tag-class>
         <description>Displays the next and previous link for any
list</description>
         <attribute>
             <name>listSize</name>
             <required>true</required>
             <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
         </attribute>
         <attribute>
             <name>offset</name>
             <required>true</required>
             <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
         </attribute>
         <attribute>
             <name>displaySize</name>
             <required>true</required>
             <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
         </attribute>
         <attribute>
             <name>link</name>
             <required>true</required>
             <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
         </attribute>
         <attribute>
             <name>paramNames</name>
             <required>false</required>
             <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
         </attribute>
         <attribute>
             <name>paramValues</name>
             <required>false</required>
             <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
         </attribute>
     </tag>

Thanks.

Re: Attribute invalid according to the specified TLD ??

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
I think the error is pretty clear that you have a typo. pramValues  should be
  paramValues

-Tim

Re: Error ?

Posted by Mufaddal Khumri <mu...@wmotion.com>.
Hi,

Why would I get an error on this ? -No base URI; hope URI is absolute:
http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd ?

Error ?