Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Chris Anderson <jc...@grabb.it> on 2008/06/29 19:36:40 UTC

configuration basics

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Rick Cox <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum is configured per
> tasktracker on startup. It can't be configured per job because it's
> not a job-scope parameter (if there are multiple concurrent jobs, they
> have to share the task limit).
>
> rick

Is there a good way to discover which parameters can be configured on
a job basis, vs a tasktracker or site basis?

Eg I'd like to change my dfs.replication.min when I add new nodes to
my cluster, if possible. Restarting dfs leaves me with namenodeId
mismatches (and that's not good), so that's not really an option.

Thanks!
Chris

--
Chris Anderson