Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T <je...@dundeemt.com> on 2009/01/21 14:19:15 UTC

timing views

Is there currently a way to get time information for a map and/or
reduce functions?   If not intrinsically via couch, what method has
anyone used?

I realize that optimizations has not been a consideration for couch
during it's alpha nor beta, but I'm looking for information on
user/developer written code, i.e. map and reduce functions.  I am
trying to understand what penalty is imposed for using an alternative
scripting language such as python or ruby as compared to using
javascript.  Also, what effect map/reduce user code optimizations have
on initial view creation and on-going incremental runs.

If there isn't a "good" way currently, that is an acceptable answer
and I am definitely not asking to add something to the pre 1.0 feature
list if it is not there.  The current things on that list are all more
important than the ability to instrument user code.

Regards,

Jeff