Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Lars Törner <la...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/06 08:58:21 UTC

Busy indicator delay with IAjaxIndicatorAware?

Hi everyone!

Is there a best practice in wicket for adding a busy indicator with a delay
for an ajax request?

Or should it be done with a before handler that executes a javascript that
shows the busy indicator after a configured time, and abort this
"busy-indicator-script" with an after-handler when the request returns?

Example:
1. User clicks an ajax-link.
2. A busy indicator is displayed only if the call takes more than a second
to complete.

Cheers
Lasse

Re: Busy indicator delay with IAjaxIndicatorAware?

Posted by Rob Audenaerde <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lars,

I use a CSS animation for this:

.wicket-ajax-indicator
{
visibility:hidden;
animation: appear 0s ease-in 0.5s forwards;
}

-Rob

Posted by jonscher <jo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Lasse,

I have the same probleme. Did you found a solution ?
Can you tell me which solution did you take ?

Thank you very much.

Jonathan

Re: Busy indicator delay with IAjaxIndicatorAware?

Posted by Lars Törner <la...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

I'll take a look at your suggestions!

Lasse