Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Bojan Vučinić <bo...@ma-cad.com> on 2011/02/06 18:54:14 UTC

Charts

I am trying to use the charting functionality, have looked at the
examples, and was wandering about showing a line in a category bar chart.

Is it possible to have a line (example an average value) in a bar chart,
if yes how do I do that.

If not can this be done in JFreeChart? (I understand this is not the
place to ask for this)
However, this leads me to a more architectural question:
Is all of the functionality from JFreeChart available in the Pivot chart
component, and is there a FAQ or guide (except the demo) about how to
use the jfree-provider.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Charts

Posted by Bojan Vučinić <bo...@ma-cad.com>.
OK, thanks anyway.

Re: Charts

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.

Re: Charts

Posted by Bojan Vučinić <bo...@ma-cad.com>.
Greg,

Re: Charts

Posted by Bojan Vučinić <bo...@ma-cad.com>.
Many thanks, Simon
WIll take a look when I find a some time :)
Take care
Bojan

Re: Charts

Posted by Simon Chatelain <sc...@gmail.com>.
Hello Bojan,

Re: Charts

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
> I am completely ignorant on the subject, but is it not possible just to provide a placeholder for a JFreeChart so that you don't need to include it or the provider.

If you use JFreeChart outside the context of the Pivot app (e.g. on a server) to generate static images, then you could do this.

Re: Charts

Posted by Bojan Vučinić <bo...@ma-cad.com>.
I am completely ignorant on the subject, but is it not possible just to
provide a placeholder for a JFreeChart so that you don't need to include
it or the provider.
As you do with an image, you don't need a license to provide an
ImageView ... OK, maybe there will be no interaction on the elements
within the chart but the most common use case for the chart is to
display data and not the interaction.

Re: Charts

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.

Re: Charts