Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com> on 2008/03/17 13:58:34 UTC

Site descriptor inheritance problem

It says in the site plugin reference docs

"By default, only the basic settings are inherited. From the body, only the
links are inherited, and these accumulate to contain all the parents' site
descriptor links."

And then goes on to say that menus are *not* inherited by default, and gives
an example of how to make them inherited.

This appears not to be the case.  Can anyone verify that?  I get the main
menu items from my parent site in all the sub-projects, even without
explicitly asking for them:

		<links>
			<item name="Home" href="index.html"/>
		</links>

		<menu name="...">
			<item name="Home" href="index.html"/>
			<item name="Features" href="features.html"/>

etc.

I don't mind having inherited if they work, but the links are all broken
(they have a relative path to a non-existent resource in the sub-project).

Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Site descriptor inheritance problem

Posted by Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com>.
It looks like a bug they fixed in the site tools, but it isn't released yet.

I got my site working properly using a "snapshots" profile just for the site
goal:

		<profile>
			<id>snapshots</id>
			<pluginRepositories>
				<pluginRepository>
					<id>apache-snapshots</id>
					<url>http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository</url>
				</pluginRepository>
			</pluginRepositories>
			<build>
				<pluginManagement>
					<plugins>
						<!-- This seems to work better than the default (2008/03/19) because
links on sub-module sites are not broken -->
						<plugin>
							<version>2.0-beta-7-SNAPSHOT</version>
						</plugin>
					</plugins>
				</pluginManagement>
			</build>
		</profile>

Re: Site descriptor inheritance problem

Posted by rloesche <ra...@t-online.de>.
I'm seeing the same behaviour. It only happens when i run mvn site from the
parent project. If i run mvn site for a single module it does not happen.
Looks like a bug.