Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Anshul Gangwar <an...@citrix.com> on 2014/08/01 12:38:46 UTC

RE: [ACS441]please test

The order of cherry-picked commits is not maintained. i.e. the order in which commits are made in 4.4-forwrad is not same in 4.4. This will create more regressions instead of fixing.

One fix(Hyper-V agent build is broken) which I made is occurred due to this. To verify fixes, which one has made some 2 months back are in correct order will take lot of effort.

Why can't we simply rename 4.4-forward to 4.4?

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Because we throw away the tag on a released version that way.

Maybe we should anyway as 4.4 has barely or not been tested before
releasing. Most if not all testing by citrix qa has been done on
4.4-forward and hardly anyone else has or manages to upgrade (clean
installs seem to work).

--
Daan