Posted to user@pig.apache.org by venkata ramanaiah anneboina <av...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/11 12:10:20 UTC

What is the pig version which is using hadoop-0.18.0

Hi
 I am using hadoop version 0.18 and pig 2.0 and nutch-1.0.but they
dont have common hadoop version
 so it is not working;
what is the hadoop version that is used both in pig and nutch

can any one please help on this

thanks
ramanaiah

Re: What is the pig version which is using hadoop-0.18.0

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi ramanaiah,

0.18 is official hadoop version which Pig supports. There is a patch
available to make it work with 0.20 as well as as a shims patch using which
you can transparently switch hadoop version.

Ashutosh

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@cloudera.com>.
Pig can work with Hadoop 18, 19, and 20; by default it works with 18
but you can apply a patch to work with the others (the patch is in
pig-660 on the jira).
Don't know abut nutch.

-D