Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Frangoo <fr...@yahoo.de> on 2010/10/04 17:32:49 UTC

Re: PDF: Disable converting color to "Device Gray"

Hi,
first: thanks a LOT to all of your replies!!
And sorry for my late answer, I was busy with other stuff. But I was
following the answers and trying out your tips.
As I am a digital-web-person, I'm not that familiar with all the
color-profile-stuff so I didn't understood everything 100%.
I "solved" the problem now for my special situation, but I wanted to let you
know, maybe my information helps someone to go one with that problem (or to
ignore it in case everything was just ignorance on my side *argh*).

Because by a fluke, one of two images of the PDF-Page wasn't included in the
document, and than the background-color came out as real black :-) There was
something wrong with the image, so I changed it (was an transparent PNG)
with an JPG, and the background-color was still black. Great! BUT: Only in
the PDF-Reader. By printing, depending on the printer, the background-color
came out again not in a 100% black color.
So I made an ugly hack and put a black JPG as a background-image in the
page.

Regards

Frangoo