Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Javen O'Neal <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/01 01:50:16 UTC

RE: Beta time yet?

This is a new module contained in 2 new files plus a unit test, so it's
understandable that it would be a larger commit.

Your code style and documentation is great, despite Java being a verbose
beast. I'm spending most of my time making sure it meshes well with the
current code base and that functionality isn't duplicated or could be
consolidated.

The main issue (brought up previously) are the overlaps with the class you
considered replacing. For the sake of backwards compatibility, if I could
fit your changes into an existing class without creating a jackalope, it'll
be easiest for implementers to find your features. I'm less familiar with
cell styles in POI, so I'm having to familiarize myself with existing
capabilities before I can figure out how your patch best fits. I understand
your desire to get your code mainlined so you don't have to maintain forks
at your $DAYJOB, and also wanting to contribute to the community.

Thanks for the many months of patience!