Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/08/02 15:51:43 UTC

Re: Is there online resource that explains the meaning of all pos tags used in my SOLR configuration's UIMA pipeline?

Just to clarify,

*UIMA* itself doesn't specify any part-of-speech tags.  However, it appears that
the annotators Jeff is using with Apache Solr (and, as far as I know, it may be
possible to configure SOLR to use several different kinds of annotators in UIMA
pipelines) specify some kind of type system.

I've changed the "Subject" line for this email thread to reflect this :-)

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
> Well, there is the UIMA Sandbox HMMTagger.
Good point :-)

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/addons/trunk/Tagger/
>
> That comes with data/models. So one *could* say that UIMA
> provides these tags. And the answer mentioning the Brown corpus
> seems to coincide with the data used for the HMM tagger.

Still, I think it is important to have the readers of this thread know that many
different taggers can be used with the UIMA framework, and to be more specific
about which one is being used, so we can be better at helpful answers :-)

-Marshall

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ri...@gmail.com>.