Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> on 2012/11/14 16:33:34 UTC

[BEP-0003] Product/ticket namespaces (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] Proposals/BEP-0003 modified)

On 14/11/12 15:19, Jure Zitnik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I added a rough list of proposed features for multi product support to
> BEP-0003 wiki. Please review and comment.
>
> I would suggest that we start discussions on each of the proposed
> features on bloodhound-dev@, mail subject on proposed features should
> be in the form of '[BEP-0003] <feature name>' (according to BEP
> Guideliness).

Heh.. I see I missed a few decisions on how we would be doing all this.
Oh well.

>> +=== Product/ticket namespaces
>> +Product and ticket ID should form a two dimensional namespace,
>> tickets would in addition to current URL scheme also be addressable
>> through the product URL namespace, namely /ticket/<product>/<id>.
>> Each product would have a separate numberspace for product ticket IDs.
>> +

I would probably go with a more general
/<product>/<resource-name>/<resource-id> scheme - as in /bh/ticket/1234.
To increase the potential namespace for this scheme, paths would
probably have to be preceded by something to identify it as a product
prefix as well though.

Cheers,
     Gary