Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com> on 2005/11/21 01:33:52 UTC

missing validators in 1.1.1?

I'm confused.

I just downloaded MyFaces 1.1.1 and there seem to be some missing custom
validators in the Tomahawk.jar file. I can't find the validateISBN and
validateUrl validators. The validateISBN validator is listed in both the
myfaces_ext.tld and tomahawk.tld files, but is not listed on the tomahawk
web page on the myfaces site. There are also no class files for the
validateISBN validator in the .jar file. The validateUrl validator is listed
on the tomahawk web page, but is not listed in the .tld files and there are
no class files for it.

Can someone give me the latest status on these validators? Have they been
removed from Tomahawk and the docs/.tld files not been updated?

Thanks,

James
http://www.jamesholmes.com/JavaServerFaces

Re: missing validators in 1.1.1?

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com>.
Simon Kitching wrote:
> James Holmes wrote:
>> I'm confused.
>>
>> I just downloaded MyFaces 1.1.1 and there seem to be some missing custom
>> validators in the Tomahawk.jar file. I can't find the validateISBN and
>> validateUrl validators. The validateISBN validator is listed in both the
>> myfaces_ext.tld and tomahawk.tld files, but is not listed on the tomahawk
>> web page on the myfaces site. There are also no class files for the
>> validateISBN validator in the .jar file. The validateUrl validator is
>> listed
>> on the tomahawk web page, but is not listed in the .tld files and
>> there are
>> no class files for it.
>>
>> Can someone give me the latest status on these validators? Have they been
>> removed from Tomahawk and the docs/.tld files not been updated?
>>

> The validateISBN tag in tomahawk.tld is commented out. This occurred in
> commit r225508 on 28 July 2005. I can't see any trace of a file with
> ISBN in the name having ever existed.

Ah -- found a reference to it.

r202029 | schof | 2005-06-28 07:03:46 +1200 (Tue, 28 Jun 2005) | 1 line
Changed paths:
    M /myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/build.properties
    M /myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/conf/faces-config.xml
/myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/src/java/org/apache/myfaces/custom/isbnvalidator
    D /myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/src/java/org/apache/myfaces/custom/rssticker

removed rss ticker and isbn validator from tomahawk; rss ticker had
several issues (MYFACE-42, MYFACES-134); isbn validator was based on a
development version of commons-validator; they are not gone forever,
both components are available in impl/tags/before_svn_reorg

So it looks like the isbn validator could be resurrected if someone can
be bothered to update it to commons-validator 1.2.0.

Nice commit comment by the way; very helpful!

> I can't see any validateUrl on the tomahawk web page. Where are you
> looking?

Regards,

Simon

Re: missing validators in 1.1.1?

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
As far as I remember, the ISBN validator was removed during the
reorganization of the sources last summer. The components that
depended on development jars were eliminated (validateISBN,
rssTicker). The validateUrl was put first as a tomahawk component by
mistake, but later was moved to the sandbox because it was a not
tested component. That was in the early days of the sandbox so that
could explain the situation...

Regards,

Bruno

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com>.